Saturday, January 11, 2014

Classic Titanium Grey - 6 Drawer Dresser

Lots of grey, cold days here in Minnesota lately, maybe that is why I've done several pieces in the same color pallete! Nonetheless, my latest project was a much needed facelift on a really common solid maple dresser. I have to believe most every American household had one of these in their decor at one point or another, I know I remember one very similar at our house. The big difference with this one...she now sports a beautiful new finish!

My inspiration for the color came from what I have been seeing at Restoration Hardware lately. I had to update the heavy gold hardware with some gorgeous drawer pulls. It seems like the hardware can make or break a piece, so I try to spend extra time locating the perfect knobs/pulls in the appropriate finish.

This would clearly be awesome in a bedroom, but I also see it as an entertainment stand, behind a sofa, in an entryway or just about anywhere you need some extra storage.

$245
{a steal compared to the inspiration piece that starts at $1500!}


6 large drawers that slide perfectly.

Lightly distressed in all the right places.

Stunning from every angle!

Dovetail constructed drawers.

 A before picture of a similar looking dresser.

No comments:

Post a Comment