Friday, March 7, 2014

Soft Blue + White Dresser Makeover

When I hauled this dresser home a few weeks ago, I knew immediately it needed to be painted a fresh springtime color!


Overall, it was in really good shape, as a matter a fact, I don't think I've ever seen a mirror on one of these dressers in better shape. All she needed was a fresh coat of paint to bring her back to life! I picked up some Duck Egg Blue ASCP and gave the entire dresser two coats. I then washed the drawers with Old White. A liberal distressing, a coat of clear wax and she's prettier then ever. The hardware had been replaced by the former owner and really didn't fit with the style so I updated all of it with some sweet brass pulls.

If you scroll to the bottom you'll see a few pictures of just the dresser to show how cute it is with or without the mirror. I have visions of this piece in so many places: girl's bedroom, lakeside cottage, guest room, hallway or even an entryway...where would you put it?

Dimensions: 21"d x 42"w x 35"h (67" with the mirror)

Thanks for stopping!
{Don't forget to set your clocks ahead Saturday night---I see light at the end of a very long wintery tunnel}

Linking up to:
Pieced Pastimes
Beyond the Picket Fence
What Meegan Makes
Savvy Southern Style 



  







I took the mirror off and propped up a chalk board for a different look. That's what is so fun about these dressers with the detachable mirrors, you can change them up every now and again for a new look.

 She is really gorgeous from every angle!

Simple, traditional lines get me everytime!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful dresser redo!! Stopping by from the Tickled Pink Times Two Linky Party #31 to say Hi! ! :)

    ReplyDelete