Sunday, March 9, 2014

Warm Cream Serpentine Dresser

On just about any given day, I'll get a text message from my mom that says, 'Check your email'. This usually means that she's found something awesome on craigslist! That was the case with this little dresser. Over my lunch break, I headed out to grab this girl before someone else did! When I saw the condition...tons of peeling and chipping veneer and no hardware, I was a bit bummed out but the guy was willing to negotiate so I loaded her up. {so hard for me to pass up a solid piece of furniture no matter how much work it will need}

She has really great lines, cute curvy legs and perfect functioning drawers...what's not to love!

I filled and sanded the rough surfaces, applied a few coats of ASCP and updated the hardware with some adorable brass flower knobs... now she's ready for action in her new home!

SOLD



 



2 comments:

  1. I really like your work. You make beautiful things; maybe I don't know how to navigate your page, but I'm seeing a lot of sold items, but nothing for sale. Do you have an area for items you have for sale? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are probably doing it right--my blog doesn't have a good way to organize the items {time to upgrade my site I think}. I post all of my pieces as soon as they are done and update them as soon as they sell. Right now I have a couple dressers, one book shelf and a few side tables for sale. Is there something in particular you are looking for?

      Delete