Monday, June 23, 2014

Antique Armoire {Old White + Hidden Surprise}

“Outer beauty pleases the EYE. Inner beauty captivates the HEART.”
― Mandy Hale

At first glance, this looks like a sweet little shabby chic armoire and then you open the doors and WOW! It's not just adorable on the outside, it's even more beautiful on the inside!



When I rescued this armoire it had a lot of veneer damage, on both the outside and on the faces of the inside drawers. I knew I could repair the exterior damage and paint it up cute but I really didn't want to paint the inner drawers because they were quite clean and only had damage on the facing panels. So I picked up three coordinating fabrics from the fabric store and used Mod Podge to adhere them to the drawer faces. I'm quite pleased with the outcome and the fact that I was able to keep the wood drawers as original as possible.

Have a great first week of Summer!




1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorites! Love it! Thanks for sharing your best at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete