Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Upcycled Light Fixture

Today my post is about an upcycled light fixture that I made into a cloche. But before I show the after pictures, let's figure out what the heck a cloche is....

cloche
klōSH
noun
  1. a small translucent cover for protecting or forcing outdoor plants.


    Here I've been pronouncing it wrong all this time, I was saying cloak like the one a wizard would wear. You learn something new everyday!

    Anyhow, on to my upcycle project.

    I picked up an antique light fixture at a barn sale last spring...yes, 14 months ago and have been moving it from one place to the next in the garage ever since. I just couldn't figure out what I should do with it.

    And then, while we were cleaning out and organizing all my inventory, it hit me...I needed to remove the frayed wiring, a fix the brass components to the glass and flip this thing on end to make a cute little cloche. I'm not going to use mine in the garden, but I think it will be fun somewhere in my house!

    I'm just smitten by how it turned out.

    AFTER



    BEFORE
    this isn't the exact one that I had, mine was far from complete like this, but it gives you an idea of what it looked like in it's glory days


    Thanks for stopping by to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment