Thursday, July 3, 2014

Antique Dresser {Old White + Dark Walnut}

 
I rescued this charming dresser from a south Minneapolis house last week. It is incredibly well made, but had extensive damage to the veneer on the top. So I broke out the heat gun and started prying, scraping, chipping the veneer. Holy tons of work! Aside from breaking a sweat and a crazy big blister that on my hand, I was ecstatic that the wood underneath was gorgeous!

My original thought had been to paint the entire thing but that plan was aborted when I discovered the beautiful treasure underneath! After a heavy coat of Dark Walnut stain and satin poly, the top is such a looker! I painted the body ASCP Old White, lightly distressed the entire piece and sealed with clear wax. And don't miss those fantastic teardrop pulls--how cool are they!

Dimensions and price are posted on the FOR SALE page.


Have a safe and enjoyable July 4th holiday weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment