Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Lane Cedar Trunk {Old Ochre]

This traditional Lane cedar trunk was so average in it's natural state, but after a two tone treatment and an unexpected crackle effect, it's ready to serve as an uber functional storage trunk, chest, bench, coffee table, toy box and on and on and on!
  
Overview on this makeover:
As usual, this story starts with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. This time I picked Old Ochre, a creamy warm neutral color. After I completed the first coat of paint, some crackling occurred...initial thought was pure panic! What was happening? Instead of freaking out completely{which might happen sometimes}, I gave it another coat of paint and it crackled again...but this time my reaction was quite different! The crackling looked so natural and unique. My panic was instantly transformed into pure love! My only regret is that I will likely never achieve the same effect on another piece.

Thanks for dropping by today!









No comments:

Post a Comment