Sunday, September 21, 2014

Darling Blue Vanity

I imagine that when this vanity was new, some young lady was so excited to have it in her room. Probably all giggles and smiles!

Based on the condition that I found it in, it was USED heavily for a number of years. So, I did what I love to do, I rescued this girl from a dark and dumpy barn with plans to make her grand once again!

From frumpy...

to Fabulous!

I painted this piece in AS Duck Egg, I just love the soft blue color! I also lined the drawers for a little bonus and added charm.

 The mirror easily detaches so you can change up the way you use this girl.

 I updated the knobs with some vintage glass numbers and they match the adorable glass feet!
   

I used some coordinating fabric to line the drawers for a little special surprise.
 


 With or without the mirror, this is a super sweet piece.

Want a flower that holds its color for a long time? In Minnesota, the sedum blooms in August and last until the first frost for the most part. It's a hardy little bugger and a great flower for cut arrangements too.

Enjoy the day!
Crystal

1 comment:

  1. " Gasp!" Sooooo pretty! I love the colour and the new knobs. Great job! If you're looking for another place to share your projects, I would love to have you stop by Etcetorize and join our Make it Monday party.

    ReplyDelete