Saturday, October 18, 2014

Oversized Pair of Captain Chairs

 
 A gorgeous autumn day in Minnesota today, so nice that the mister worked outside all day making some display walls for some upcoming holiday shows. Totally digging how they turned out, I used them for a backdrop for my captain chairs.

Before I got started on the project I draped the fabric on the chair and stood back and contemplated what color the chairs needed. I figured I could have gone duck egg, cream or even burgandy but I just couldn't decide. So I did what anyone else would do...I called my mom for a second opinion and she said without a doubt they should be Old Ochre...I agreed!

Just to be safe, I put the new fabric on the cushions and took one last look before I broke out the paint brush. I can't tell you how much I adore this fabric. I think I need to go back to the store and buy more!


Painted in Annie Sloan Old Ochre and updated and really versatile striped fabric, these twins are ready for some extra seating at your holiday gatherings!

 
The chairs are really large captain chairs, seriously, they're BIG and comfortable!

 Here's a pic of my 'model' and fabricator hubby with our new craft boutique back walls!

Thanks for stopping by UP today!

No comments:

Post a Comment