Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Pretty in Pink

 My first project of the year was a real challenge for me. Not because it was filthy and needed some TLC, but because I felt the need to paint with a color that I hadn't used before. I tend to lean more towards the blues, greys and whites when I paint so deciding to do a pink piece forced me outside my comfort zone.

Throughout the process, I argued constantly with myself. I would stand back and look at how it was coming together and think, oh man this isn't going to work. Then I'd paint a bit more and look again and think, this is starting to look really cute. Oh how the creative process is a love/hate relationship!

I will let you be the judge...

Linking up:
Flamingo Toes
What Meegan Makes

I used Annie Sloan chalk paint in soft Antoinette for the body and mirror. I finished it with a mix of dark and clear wax and a gently distressing.


 I gave the top a good sanding and finished it with a a couple coats of satin poly.


And then there are the knobs...beautiful pink glass knobs from Anthropologie.
LOVE.


I lined all three drawers with dark pink and turquoise feather and flower fabric to just push this girl over the edge!








1 comment: