Sunday, April 12, 2015

Charming Charcoal Grey Buffet {Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Graphite}

A little Sunday before and after to start your day.


These buffets are getting harder and harder to come by anymore and making a decision on how to refresh them is equally challenging. This buffet sat in the garage for a few weeks waiting for me to make up my mind. I went through my color swatches time and time again but just couldn't settle on anything in particular. Then one of my customers came by and had a suggestion that I do it in charcoal with a light blue wash. Sounded like a great idea but after several failed attempts on my sample boards I had to abort that plan.

I always think when you see a piece that someone has refinished that they must have had a clear vision and execution was effortless. But after some of my experiences, I have to imagine that other DIY'ers and furniture refinishers must encounter the same challenges as I do...please say that I'm not alone here!

I decided to paint this girl in graphite {one of my favorite colors in the ASCP lineup} and a heavy and intentional coat of Annie's dark wax.

I really love how the graphite paint lays down, letting just a little bit of the original wood grain show through and then enriched with the dark wax...a charming patina.

 



The inside of this buffet cleaned up amazingly. It almost looks brand new now!

 






I couldn't help but pick up a few flowers for the shoot, I love the look of vibrant magenta with the charcoal. It was unfortunate that the day I wanted to take the pictures there were gale force winds that made it impossible to capture a good shot of the buffet staged but I did manage to grab a couple close ups of the flowers before tearing down.



Well, that wraps up another makeover. Thanks again for stopping by.

Have a beautiful Sunday!
~Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment