Sunday, May 3, 2015

Antique Industrial Chest of Drawers + Dresser Set

 This is a project that I've been wanting to try for quite sometime but I just needed to find the right specimen. Well low and behold, my hubby found this set for me and hauled it home a couple weeks ago-GAME ON!

This set was in awful shape, but it was exactly what I needed for this project so into the shop for a TON of prep work. We had to repair years of damage, literally rebuild a few drawers and replace all the drawer bottoms. Here are a few pics of the progress...

  

 
I had picked up an outrageously cool printers cabinet several months ago and have been obsessing with the finish...this would serve as my inspiration piece...


I love the patina on this cabinet from the years of use...now for me to apply that same feel to my dresser set.

 To get this look, I washed both dressers with Graphite, wiping back the wash as needed to get the desired finish. Using dark wax I was able to achieve the depth I needed and highlight the oak wood grain as well. To complete the look I picked up some 'new' industrial inspired pewter knobs and drawer pulls.

 
 

Antique Industrial---that's what I'm calling this style. 

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.
 Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. These turned out incredible - I'm drooling! Giving you a shout-out on FB today here - https://www.facebook.com/KnickofTime

    ReplyDelete