Sunday, August 23, 2015

Antique Chest of Drawers {Reggie}

Please allow me to introduce you to Reggie.

He's rich and sophisticated. He knows and embraces his assets and he highlights them naturally! He's sturdy and glides effortlessly on his beautiful roller feet.

He's every girl's dream.


So why do I call him Reggie? Well...when I was prepping this tall beauty, I found a letter carefully stowed under a drawer liner. The letter was to Reggie from a lady that had apparently made a romantic move on Reggie and was apologizing if her actions had caused problems between Reggie and his wife. There wasn't a date on the letter, so I don't know exactly how old it was, but the fact that Reggie had kept the letter all these years was intriguing. I love finding little nuggets like this inside the pieces I restore. 

Here are a few more pictures highlighting the beautiful wood grain, the new hardware and the birds eye maple drawers.






Thanks for looking at my guy Reggie!

Have a great Sunday!
~Crystal

4 comments:

  1. Crystal

    You did a fabulous job fixing up "Reggie" and I love that he has a name! What a neat letter to find. I love how much history these pieces have. We would love to have you stop by and share this at our Dream. Create. Inspire. Link! Party starting tonight at 7pm CST. I hope we'll see you there!

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cat, I will be sure and swing by tonight! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a story, and a perfect way to name this beauty. Love your fabulous Reggie makeover. Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete